Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day 1

June 1:  We opened our Bible Bee box at midnight last night.  Jonah is the book we are studying this summer!  At dinner last night, we were guessing what book it would be, and nothing from the OT got on our list.  We were all wrong!

I think it will be very fun to study Jonah this summer.  It will also be easy to think of crafts and ideas to go with it.  Come on, fish, boats, water, plants that die from lack of water (I'm sure my garden can illustrate that one for us!)--what an adventure!

This is our fifth year in the Bible Bee.  My 11 year old and 8 year old daughters are our "official" participants in the Bible Bee this summer.  My 14 year old son will be teaching 5-Day Clubs, so he will not be participating, and the 5 year old is too young.  However, we will ALL actually be participating as much as possible.

We had our first family time today.  They call it a bonfire, but it is just a time when the family does something together and discusses what is being studied.  Bruce brought us to the Menominee River to do our study.  We got through a good portion of it before the mosquitoes got so bad we had to quit!  We ran to the van, had our prayer time there, and came home to watch the Veggie Tales Jonah movie and eat popcorn for dinner (with fruit and cheese--there was a little nutrition!).

The girls all three have different levels of the Bible study.  I didn't get myself a copy because I'll be busy helping them.  They are all going to write the whole book of Jonah, I hope.  We have skipped that part every other year, but we need help with handwriting and they had tracing pages of it for the youngest two.  I really want to do that this summer, but I'm not going to stress about it if it doesn't happen.

I'm really excited about what we are going to learn!  Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment