Friday, July 11, 2014

Jonah's Map

I'll post a picture later, but we have a new incentive program for memorizing our verses that I wanted to tell you about.  We made a map of Jonah's travels from the Mediterranean Sea to Nineveh.  After dividing the path into squares, we are coloring them as we learn verses and do our Bible study.

We are all ahead on writing the book of Jonah!  This is the first time we have tried writing the book that we are studying like Bible Bee recommends.  It has been a good experience.  I am thankful that Bible Bee put together a journal with the book printed out to trace for the younger students.  My two youngest are using it and find it very helpful.  I think it has really help them to immerse themselves in Jonah. I can understand better why God commanded the kings of Israel to write their own copy of God's law.  You do notice things when you write it out that are easy to skim over when you are reading it.

I am planning out our school year for next year, and I've decided to let each of the kids choose a Bible book to write out for handwriting.  Hopefully, I can make pages for the younger ones to copy or trace again.  If they choose the book, they will probably be more interested in writing it.  I'll try to choose a book to write as well.  Maybe if we do this for enough years, we will have a complete Bible from our collective efforts!  That's a goal to work towards!

No comments:

Post a Comment