Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Writing out Jonah

Well, this is the first year that we have actually tried to write out the Bible book that we are studying for the summer.  My oldest strongly dislikes writing and I knew it would be a battle with him, so I've always skipped it.  This year, he is teaching 5-Day Clubs with CEF, and the girls and I are working on Bible Bee together.  Bible Bee also came out with handwriting books for the youngest writers with the whole book of Jonah to trace.  My youngest two are working on that.

My 5 year old finished writing the whole book of Jonah during week 7.  She was so excited to be able to finish her whole book.  The other two are both in the second half of Jonah 4.  I'm thankful for the experience and what we've learned not only about Jonah from writing it out, but also about our own character and about perseverance and finishing a task once you start it.

In fact, I've enjoyed it so much, I'm thinking about having each of the children pick a Bible book to write out this year for handwriting in school.  Perhaps before they all graduate, we can have the whole Bible written out!

No comments:

Post a Comment